• Author
      FractalFreak
      Participant

FractalFreak
      Participant

GJ day chart:

cogo
      Participant

Hi just thought I would share some snippets. EURUSD trapped shorts and longs with knife catchers in between.

Janine
      Participant

Thank you for that Cogo. I thought EU was trapped, I have bee watching it all week and there is so many shorts and a large stop-cloud but EU reluctant to go up there. A dilemma, I wonder how the AI will get out of it. Interesting tape watching. Great chart, did you make it yourself?

cogo
      Participant

EURUSD has significant high and low back in March which should play a part in the coming direction in my opinion.

The chart has one of my automated proprietary displays shown which highlights undisputed market player moves, the inverse is these are also liquidity target points. This is in CTrader.

I fell into the trap when using MT4 of using candles OHLC and colors many years ago, and it is simply a distraction to what is actually going on.

cogo
      Participant

AUDUSD has interesting clusters below (longer term) which will be targeted, but there appears to be more shorts to squeeze out at the top.

Watch them try and protect the London/US top, sometimes to 1 or 0.5 pips.

cogo
      Participant

The inverse (cross pair) of AUDUSD above is what I see in GBPAUD.

Some great target stops above but not fully convinced this is a bottom, more likely false to be targeted for London/US official bottom placing yet to happen. Will also be seen on testing the London tops on AUDUSD.

Hope some find this information useful, not many have access to this understanding, too busy looking at candle colors and patterns.

Janine
      Participant

Hi, Cogo I have only just seen your posts here. Thank you. I am not a new newbie but it sounds like you are streets ahead of me in your understanding of the markets. I am going to study the things you have pinpointed and maybe see if I can open a Ctrader platform. My broker may not use it, do you have any suggestions for a good broker that does use Ctrader. I know there are several but nothing like a real experience using a broker.

cogo
      Participant

Hey Janine,

From a retail forex point of view, I would suggest IC Markets, mostly because their data source and spreads. They had a DOS attack some years back but have been ok since. I always have a IC platform open even if its demo as the market data feeding any algos seems to be the best. I have been trading for a long time and there are others that come close. Purple Trading although new, are ok for now, CTrader definitely helps the way orders are processed.
      CTrader still has its limitations, for algos/indicators that’s why I write my own (self taught).

cogo
      Participant

It appears they are positioning for a AUD drop with employment data in 2 days.

Shorts trapped back in June have been mostly squeezed out, some to mitigate the major short positions at break even or better. Target 0.6850.

I could be wrong, when it appears too obvious they won’t let these play out and throw in big trap moves.

Lets see

Janine
      Participant

Hi Cogo Thank you for your comments on Broker. As it happens I am a short trapped from late June and I have been hanging on thinking there might be a drop. I will have to be more careful in the future because the AIs are so proficient at their games they can still manage to catch you even if you know. However, I am signed onto the live stream web and honestly, I can not emphasize enough the positive difference it has made to my trading.

Janine
      Participant

Hi Cogo I have just opened a new Ctrader account with IC. It is very different from MT4. Thanks again for your suggestion. Self-taught coder, very impressive 🙂

cogo
      Participant

Well learnt HTML, VB and php so its just a matter of time to adapt to another.

Yes CTrader is an improvement, but still has many frustrating faults/limitations. The idea for me was to get away from bad habits picked up from MT4.

cogo
      Participant

As it happens I am a short trapped from late June and I have been hanging on thinking there might be a drop.

The algos will be working on you then. Are you hedging at all? Are you familiar with repairing a trade?

Janine
      Participant

No, I am not familiar with repairing a trade but I am hedging and also selling again on the way down (if it is going down, hopefully) What do you suggest? Also, any suggestions of books to read or anything else to improve my trading is most welcome.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Hi everyone,

here a message from Djami:

“please have a look at these EURUSD charts…

They say it all…”

Janine
      Participant

It is so interesting to watch. I see that the EU is trapped, it can’t go very far up into the stop cloud as longs will be too far into gain and those guys will win, it can’t go down as soo many shorts so those guys will win. Sooner or later I guess it has to go one way or the other. I am intrigued to see how the AIs will resolve the situation and if they will maintain some sort of fundamental plausibility. I am taking advantage of the situation, small trades in both directions with caution on longs.

cogo
      Participant

Hi Admin,

Are you able to label the horizontal colored bars on charts displayed?

One has to assume to work out what each color represents. It can only be seen as ‘cryptic’ and meaningless unless explained fully. As you can see I include text explanations on my charts uploaded here.

I am assuming there are categories like:
      Cyan = Long Term Short Stop Positions
      Blue = Short Term Long Stops
      Orange = ???
      Red = ???
      Yellow = ????

cogo
      Participant

It is so interesting to watch. I see that the EU is trapped, it can’t go very far up into the stop cloud as longs will be too far into gain and those guys will win, it can’t go down as soo many shorts so those guys will win. Sooner or later I guess it has to go one way or the other. I am intrigued to see how the AIs will resolve the situation and if they will maintain some sort of fundamental plausibility. I am taking advantage of the situation, small trades in both directions with caution on longs.

A bit of a conundrum at present with pairs being influenced by the USD in directions they don’t really intend.

cogo
      Participant

I don’t know how many have noticed, but lately certain controlling interests are implementing more aggressive short term settings in their algo’s.

To the astute eye it stands out, but most would not see it. See images attached.

FractalFreak
      Participant

FractalFreak
      Participant

“I am intrigued to see how the AIs will resolve the situation and if they will maintain some sort of fundamental plausibility. ”

Exactly,

Janine.

FF

FractalFreak
      Participant

“but lately certain controlling interests are implementing more aggressive short term settings in their algo’s”

Yes, they do a “pacman” on the STS (short-term stops).

FF

FractalFreak
      Participant

“Cyan = Long Term Short Stop Positions
      Orange = ???
      Red = ???
      Yellow = ????”

orange below price = MTS of DM longies
      yellow above price = MTS of DM shorties

blue / turquoise = STS

pink: LTS

red bars = DM shorties (x- and y-axis….first histogram live, second historical)
      green bars = DM longies (x- and y-axis….first histogram live, second historical)

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EU:

cogo
      Participant

“Cyan = Long Term Short Stop Positions
      Orange = ???
      Red = ???
      Yellow = ????”

orange below price = MTS of DM longies
      yellow above price = MTS of DM shorties

blue / turquoise = STS

pink: LTS

red bars = DM shorties (x- and y-axis….first histogram live, second historical)
      green bars = DM longies (x- and y-axis….first histogram live, second historical)

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EURUSD H1 now:

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EURUSD M30:

cogo
      Participant

AUDUSD – they just keep selling into it and they just keep taking out the stops.

Buying is gradually declining though.

cogo
      Participant

No, I am not familiar with repairing a trade but I am hedging and also selling again on the way down (if it is going down, hopefully) What do you suggest? Also, any suggestions of books to read or anything else to improve my trading is most welcome.

I used to read books trading related, but particularly today they are not very applicable as there is so much algo activity going on. Algos by design are intended to cover all, except herd stampedes. I downloaded a great little reference book from Forex Fact which most have probably read already and it appears to cover most common set ups in forex. Unfortunately I can’t upload it here due to he 512kb limit.

Here are some interesting points, now pretty much common knowledge:

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EURUSD at close:

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EU 15:37:

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EU 17:59:

cogo
      Participant

I can understand the DM shorties entering where they have. It is a old school belief of ‘rollover’ expectation, but ultimately is filling long positions.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EURUSD H1 (20:18):

cogo
      Participant

EURUSD market open.

Algo signals don’t get much clearer.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EURUSD (01:59):

FractalFreak
      Participant

EU h4 (16:48):

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EU H1 (22:15):

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EU H4 (14:12):

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EU H1 (18:07):

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EU H1 (17:31):

FractalFreak
      Participant

EU H4 (19:13):

FractalFreak
      Participant

GU H4 (19:13):

FractalFreak
      Participant

AU H4 (19:13):

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar
Verified by MonsterInsights