No DM Vol data for past three hours on AUDUSD

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      MatDerKater
      Participant

This is a follow on from a thread in the ‘non commercial’ section of the forum , regarding accuracy of the MK stream, and the data contained within it. I am posting it here to adhere to rule on posting real time chart data.

This is what I mean by janky.

I would like to know this information NOW.

Not updated at 10pm tonight, so I can sit and say, “ah, yeah, that makes sense”

Basically, is data likely to pop in and out of the MK charts stream?

My suspiscion is, that it absolutely is the case…….and judging by the slow state of the sme-fx website overall, from forum to MK web, perhaps this is a server bandwidth issue?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by MatDerKater.
      MatDerKater
      Participant

….and actually, there are discrepancies all over most charts, which essentially means that I can’t fully trust the data in front of me.

Is this a bandwidth or processing power issue?

Could this be resolved with more powerful hardware and/or a beefier server?

If not, could this be resolved by dropping the many ‘scantly clad’ pairs provided in the stream.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY and EURGBP, are adequately furnished with MK data. The rest are not. These are the only pairs I look at in MK streams. I would imagine the majority of users are in the same boat.

MatDerKater
      Participant

and here is the proof.

Look at Screenshot above of AUDUSD, and this one taken just a 5 minutes ago.

All off a sudden, a great big red dildo of DM Sell Volume appears, just out of no where.

Anyone reckon that this little fkn nugget of information might have been nice in real time, instead of it appearing 4 hours after the event?

This is no use at all.

This is a total deal breaker.

Either SME-FX has processing power and server bandwidth capable of running and delivering this service, or it doesn’t?

crazyfx
      Participant

and here is the proof.

All off a sudden, a great big red dildo of DM Sell Volume appears, just out of no where.

Anyone reckon that this little fkn nugget of information might have been nice in real time, instead of it appearing 4 hours after the event?

This is no use at all.

Either SME-FX has processing power and server bandwidth capable of running and delivering this service, or it doesn’t?

Dildo 😂😂😂

MatDerKater
      Participant

and here is the proof.

This is no use at all.

Dildo 😂😂😂

And I ought to take that dildo and start shafting myself with it.

I would have been better relying on a cumulative delta or a BullBearVolume indicator (reversing the colours if I must, to prove that all the silly billy dumb money buys on red candles and sells on green candles), and then simply drawing lines that represent ‘Stop Loss orders’ on Volume Profile gaps. Near Term for gaps on recent swings. Mid Term for gaps that have been in play over a period of time……..KIND OF LIKE HOW I WAS FUCKING TRADING ANYWAYS, except with a higher degree of acumen and accuracy, and of course, with no 4 hour lags in data appearing on my charts, selling me on a complete pup, only for 4 hours after the trade has been entered, for information to appear on the screen telling me that my recent ‘MK’ based trade was taken on entirely faulty information.

I was sold on this through a combination of thinking this was genuine insider orderflow information (it isn’t) combined with the ‘dumb luck’ of the MK levels being played like fiddles the first few times I test ran it.

I feel almost embarrassed.

P.S. and even if it was genuine orderflow information of some form or another, 4 hour data lag during peak trading times is unacceptable by any metric.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by MatDerKater.
      Thuy Pham
      Participant

MatDerKater is not wrong. I’ve been watching the MK web and live charts to compare, but they’re both “lagging” several candles behind. I also wanted to take a buy on AUDUSD today, but I didn’t see any shortie PBs during the NY session open. Only now hours later, the shorties PBs shows up on the charts. I’m using the PBs and NetDm indicator to take session scalps, but that’s not possible if the data is lagging hours behind. Or am I using these tools wrong?

MatDerKater
        Participant

It might well be, that for the aspect of the MK charts that is really based on ‘Dumb Money’ positioning, the data feed is coming from a retail broker’s ‘Sentiment Indicator’ whereby Retail Position changes are reported infrequently. Once every hour, or two hours, ot it may even be once every 4 hours.

This would explain the lags, which are there constantly.

You can’t use this in real time for low time frame trades.

Go to Trading View, stick on a bunch of periodic volume profiles on a multi chart, multi timeframe layout, and start drawing lines on the gaps or notches in the profiles…notice how price often plays around with these levels multiple times. Draw orange and yellow lines on the ones with multiple tags. And for the ones formed on straight impulse moves, make em blue n light blue. Then stick some Volume Bars, and Elders Ray Bull Bear indicator, or a cumulative delta volume based crossover oscillator (Bull Bear Volume) on your chart. If you must you can change the bull colour to red and the bears to green, to signify that the retail trader is generally on the wrong side of the market.

Now see how you get on (with no 4 hour lag either)

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Hello Mat,

“….and actually, there are discrepancies all over most charts”

No, there is no discrepancy.

Note that there is currently maintenance on the M30 and Day charts (see post from today).

Sometimes, if there is a lag, the red number appears, showing any lag in seconds (!).

Usually, there is no real lag.

You NEED to understand the “max values” of the histograms.

Djamal made a video about this today:

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Mat, your style is very “hectic”. As we said, STUDY the MK properly, stop “thinking aloud” and changing your “ideas” every day. That is not fair towards other students. One can see that you did not go step-by-step here.

For example, MK traders do not just trade against a little DM flow (which most of the time is within the DM tolerance). We wait for clear setups.

We neither just randomly trade towards any stops we see. We understand the principles and again wait for particular entries.

You seem to “try around”, first saying that you have “your own system” etc. That is not a recommended approach.

Calm down, and do some homework. OBSERVE the MK web properly, FOCUS on the CONTENT, not on any noise around it.

SME FX

MatDerKater
        Participant

Hectic?

I am profitable.

Consistently

Over many months. (apart from the clusterfuck party I have had in the past week playing around with MK charts)

The only way I would put my time into a new system, would be if that system was offering me information that I couldn’t otherwise access.

That was the promise of MK-web…I fell for it to begin with, but have relatively quickly seen the gimmick for what it is.

‘Thinking aloud’ is what I do when I am learning, looking for feedback, and a bit of fkn honesty about what I have in front of me.

ImpliedOdds
          Participant

Hi Matt. I’m not asking to stir the pot, but to genuinely ask why you think this is a gimmick? Djamal offers us a quick directional video nearly everyday (that are very helpful) and he seems to almost always be correct. What is the basis for your criticism? Just curious?

Admin SME
      Keymaster

EURAUD and GBPAUD are just “additional” pairs shown (since some traders asked for these to still be shown).

Admin SME
      Keymaster

“I would have been better relying on a cumulative delta or a BullBearVolume indicator ”

No, you wouldn’t. Such indicators are pretty useless. But please, do yourself and others a favor and study the MK properly. This is a path.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Also, there is no “4h lag”, again, you got confused by the SCALES of the “current” and “current + historic” DM histograms, this is a typical beginner’s mistake.

The second beginner’s mistake is to try to just randomly trade against DM position accumulations which are clearly WITHIN the DM tolerance. Often, the price goes IN THE direction of these (luring), not against.

PLEASE, watch more of the educational videos.

You did not get it yet.

SME FX

ciprobay
      Participant

yes it’s an issue cause red shorties did not appear 1h before

what is the solution / issue?

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Thank you,

we will investigate the Gold & Silver charts now.

SME FX

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Gold taking the upper MTS:

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Yes, there was a data issue with Gold.

We will fix it.

SME FX

Admin SME
      Keymaster

That should be fixed now.

SME FX

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar
Verified by MonsterInsights