Trades week ending – 6/1/23

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Happy New Year everyone. This was a live trade with a small amount of $. + 25 pips. Exit was at takeout of some of the upper stops. Basic trade basis: price at short levels. Room upwards towards stops without putting longs into profit. DM shorts were most recent bars. Red over green on DM indicator. Price tagged my target but then promptly dropped, so fortunate this one worked out.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by ImpliedOdds.
      • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by ImpliedOdds.
      Thuy Pham
      Participant

GU buy
      Shorties coming in, stops above price, NET DM shorts moving up and longs down

Thuy Pham
        Participant

GU buy

Got stopped out, more longies in the market now

Thuy Pham
        Participant

GU buy

Can Djamal comment on this GU buy? It seems like everything was in my favor but it didn’t work. Or was the bias not strong enough?

ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Excellent set up Thuy. Thanks for sharing

Christopher Miranda
      Participant

GU buy

Can Djamal comment on this GU buy? It seems like everything was in my favor but it didn’t work. Or was the bias not strong enough?

Longies entered, my friend, simple as that. We have to change and adapt to the DM.
      Your entry was late, the shorts we see in the histograms were already priced in, longies in profits, price near the top of the range. Of course its easy for me to say this after the fact, I mean no offense, I’m surprised the algo didn’t take those stops above as well.

Thuy Pham
      Participant

GU buy

Longies entered, my friend, simple as that. We have to change and adapt to the DM.
      Your entry was late, the shorts we see in the histograms were already priced in, longies in profits, price near the top of the range. Of course its easy for me to say this after the fact, I mean no offense, I’m surprised the algo didn’t take those stops above as well.

I only entered after I saw the Net DM switch. But it might be because the H1 charts were not working all session until that moment.

Redbaron81
      Participant

Going short for MTS scalp here. My first trade using this system. Is this correct?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Redbaron81.
      Thuy Pham
      Participant

Going short for MTS scalp here. My first trade using this system. Is this correct?

This is wrong. Yellow lines above price, and Orange lines below price are MTS. Vice versa are limit orders. And please attach the entire chart so we can see all the indicators, else it’s hard to determine if your trade is correct or not

ciprobay
      Participant

GU buy

what do you mean by shorties on histogram already priced in?
      priced in means fake move completed?

just in general, I’ve always heard of this priced-in term in fx also regarding news
      but don’t fully know the definition

Christopher Miranda
        Participant

I couldn’t give you an exact definition, but I tried to explain it better in this example I edited. Be aware, DM will not always be “priced in” every single time, quite a few folk here are making things way too rigid, and then getting upset and confused when something doesn’t work perfectly the way Djamal has explained. The SM algo is incredibly fluid and adaptable, so do not attach rigid rules to something we do not control.

ciprobay
          Participant

thank you Christopher!

Tim Tim
      Participant

Clean 4H range rotation trade

Trade: Short AUDUSD
      Trade type: Stop target trade and 4H range rotation Date:05/01/2023
      Trade idea: Move down against the new longs to complete rotation of 4H range and take out MT stops below
      Y-axis PB: Longs above blocking price small amount of short below(Neutral – positive) 75%
      X-axis PB: Big new longs entered clear DM switch (Posative) 100%
      Net DM: Short decreasing long increasing no squeeze(Neutral – positive) 75%
      Net T-in-prof: No position in profit (Neutral) 50%
      Lev Positions: Note clear 60%
      1D chart: Just taken out 200MA MA target below (positive) 100%
      Where in range: Top of the range (positive) 100%
      Trade Score: 5.6/7 80% (high confident trade)
      Entry: 0.6803
      SL:0.68839 ( above upper MT stop)
      TP1: 0.67259 (75% up the range 4H range and lower MT stop)
      TP2: (To be determined or triggered by DM switch)

EURAUD-IN

Trade Closed: 0.67259

EURAUD-OUT

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar
Verified by MonsterInsights