Longer term swing trades

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Robin
      Participant

I was wanting to know if anyone has been applying the MK towards longer term trading. I’ve been learning about longer term trades and wanted to try to combine it with the insight found here. Basically, as a final filter if a trade makes sense to take or not.

After looking at the MK Livestream off and on over a few weeks (I’m just a rookie with a demo account) I can see that at times there might not be enough information always displayed to do this type of trading. The D1 charts might benefit from being zoomed out one more level. I understand this would compromise the visibility of all other data or increase the number of charts you already have. The real limiting factor is that when price is at an extreme low or high on the chart the levels are not visible below or above, respectively. I noticed today that a H4 chart showed more than a D1 since it’s price was centered and the D1 was at an extreme price. See attached image.

One final comment, it would be cool to be able to just download the stop levels as a CSV file. I’m not wanting indicators or anything like that but just the raw data of each line. Something simple like
      line1, color1, value1, length1
      line2, color2…
      Maybe it gets updated once per hour and is on an FTP site for download.

Going forward I will look at adapting to what is provided but wanted to give some feedback/suggestions (hopefully viewed as constructive).

First post, so wanted to say thanks for the knowledge you share and what you have made here. Truly like no other.

Cheers,
      Robin

Christopher Miranda
      Participant

Welcome Robin. They do not provide any indicators or any raw data of any kind connected to the market causality. Hundreds of people have already asked over the years, so please don’t bother.

More importantly, I can help explain how we already have everything we could possibly need in the MK livestream. Firstly, I’d highly recommend reading through all of the forum threads as to avoid repeat questions, watch most of the SMEFX youtube videos, and buying access to the video course (under “commercial” on this website) so that you can understand as much as possible about the MK.

Many people have used the MK for longer term trading, including myself. There is always more than enough info being displayed (quite literally everything we could know), its more a matter of understanding what we are looking at and how to react to it. Forex is fractal, so MK trading is always the same, no matter the time period. Sorry for being so vague with that, its simply things that you need to spend the time to learn and understand better, as we all had to. Your concerns with the Daily chart aren’t an issue as you are only looking at LTS/stops, while everything else on the chart is equally as important.

Robin
      Participant

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice Christopher.

I’m not sure where to post this but wanted to show the precision involved. Not sure if this could ever be tradable but it’s amazing to see while messing around with a demo account. The attached chart shows an entry made on a Friday before close. The TP was set at stop just above. Amazing to see that the next week the market opened right at the stops to clean them out. I can see now that time is the biggest unknown and is used to the fullest to make things appear random. We can see targets but don’t know how long it will be until they are hit.

Cheers,
      Robin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar
Verified by MonsterInsights