ICT

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      enbyus1
      Participant

Does anyone use ICT to find entries for safer R;R? I work regular job long hours and need to start swing trading. I only get 15-20 during London to view markets in the morning and a 1-2 hour during Asia open which is usually where I try and enter but volume is low. This week I’m looking to play AUD and NZD because they have better moves during my available time slots to trade. So just curious if anyone would be willing to enlighten me on where I’d learn to enter better so I’m not getting stopped out on a sweep before the big up or down move while I’m away. Thanks

Wesley Otto
      Participant

Does anyone use ICT to find entries for safer R;R? I work regular job long hours and need to start swing trading. I only get 15-20 during London to view markets in the morning and a 1-2 hour during Asia open which is usually where I try and enter but volume is low. This week I’m looking to play AUD and NZD because they have better moves during my available time slots to trade. So just curious if anyone would be willing to enlighten me on where I’d learn to enter better so I’m not getting stopped out on a sweep before the big up or down move while I’m away. Thanks

Hi Enbyus1,

With the info that is available on MK. I have found that the DM flow is very important in the market. You will see pairs that the DM follow is mainly one sided , what I have found that these are GBPJPY, EURJPYs. The main trading Pairs EU GU follow will vary depending on news that week. I have found that a large SL is important as this will let the trade work out. From the ICT concepts i have read about , you normally find a very small SL. The DM indicator is very important as this is always a good entry point. Watch the charts for a while, you will start seeing how these pairs move. One point I have found is when price is close to a large MTS target there is always a pullback. Look at D1, H4, H1 & M30 charts first to get a good idea of the direction of the market.

enbyus1
        Participant

Good stuff. Thank you. With that said should I be lowering my lot size? From say 1 to .5 or something to not reach max drawdown. Also are you adding size and it goes against you, or it turns in your favor, or just letting the original position play out? All a matter of taste I suppose/

enbyus1
        Participant

Kind of eye opening. I reduced my lot sizing significantly allowing for wider stops. Went 5/7 on trades last week netting 5% on Phase 1 of prop challenge.

Wesley Otto
      Participant

Kind of eye opening. I reduced my lot sizing significantly allowing for wider stops. Went 5/7 on trades last week netting 5% on Phase 1 of prop challenge.

Hi enbyus1,

Great to hear, if you pop me your email address, I can possibly add you to WhatsApp.

Thanks

Jorge Luces
      Participant

Hi there good morning all.

I have been trading for more than 10 years…and after so many years and so many trial and error i must admit that i have found success using price action, Smart money concepts (SMC), ICT, liquidity

Thats my way to find good entries and exits with great RISK/REWARD ratio

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Hi everyone,

just to let you know,
      Djamal will soon publish a whole series about his thoughts on ICT, since many people requested it.

Understand that our MCA has been there WAY BEFORE “ICT” ever came up.

But all that will be discussed in detail.

All the best!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar
Verified by MonsterInsights