Can you explain the difference of the indis

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      BullFXtrade1
      Participant

Hi, today I look at the cable and I got a bit confused about the different reading of indis in MK web and MK livestream. As you can see in the pictures there is a divergence in MK live but not in MK web. Can you give some explanation for the differance?

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Hi BullFX,

the indi on the MK livestream (the squeeze indi) is a slightly different version (/feed) than from the MK web. Note that the one on the MK web (all time frames) is the “proper” squeeze indi. Apart from that, the median lines on the MK livestream templates have a different colour as compared to the MK web (they are blue). Further, the position bars on the y-axis are a bit thicker on the MK livestream as compared to the MK web.
      We learned that clients prefer to use the MK web rather than the MK livestream, so it can be that in the future Djamal decides to discontinue the MK livestream in order to focus on the MK web (currently, all clients of the MK web also have access to the MK livestream).

Note that currently, Djamal is working on a second product (additional auto screenshots) which is more focused on short-term trading (“MK web II”). In that product, there will be a squeeze indi which shows more details also for lower time frames (such as “short-term squeezes”).
      However, we do not know when that product will be finalized, it could take a while (and it involves quite some resources in terms of IT power).

Apart from that, Djamal is currently working on an update of all MK web chart templates (“v8.0”) that will include VERY slight visual improvements, such as:
      – making the colour of the median lines less pronounced
      – increasing the thickness of the PBs on the y-axis (at least on the H1s and H4s)
      – increasing the thickness of lt-stops (the pink lines)
      etc.
      Feel free to comment on what you as traders prefer and we give Djamal some input on that.

But to answer your question,
      In your analysis, always give the MK web squeeze indi priority over the MK livestream (especially on the H1).
      Best regards,
      SME FX

Tim Tim
        Participant

Ye I find the Y-axis long/short difficult to read. If they looked closer to the x-axis bars would make them easier to see.

BullFXtrade1
        Participant

Hi,
        I agree with Djamal and his MK theory and he is right of what his saying about economics. I´m a technical person and I prefer hard data and clear numbers and realy do not like a fussy graphical interface that is worse than mt4. When I first begun to study MK I was impressed by the clarity and the simplisity in wich djamal presented his indicators. But on my screens it does realy look just bad. What I would want to see is non scalable histogram always 100% so that I can read it and judge the value the same every day when I come to the charts. For now I go back to my old indicators.
        FXSSI has some indicator pack, I think they ripped from MK, something like that but whit better more accurate MK data of course would have been nice.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Taha Nasser
      Participant

Hi there.

New to the forum, very excited to learn from Djamal.

I notice that of the 28 Fx currency pairs, data for 11 is shown in the MK web stream.

Is this because the indicators for the other 17 pairs are located somewhere else?

Thanks

Christopher Miranda
        Participant

No. The ones we see are the only ones available to us. There is absolutely no need to have any more pairs, we are given an incredible amount with what is here already.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Hi Taha,

all the main pairs are covered (EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURGBP, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURJPY, USDCAD) as well as EURAUD, GBPAUD, as well as BTC and Gold and Silver.

Obviously, by analyzing the respective main pairs, you could derive trades for “derivative pairs”. So for example; if AUDUSD has DM shorties and is bullish while USDJPY has DM shorties and is bullish, sometimes you can trade AUDJPY to capture that etc.
      Most of the time, Djamal recommends to directly trade the input pairs however.

Gina
      SME FX

Taha Nasser
      Participant

Hi Taha,

all the main pairs are covered (EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURGBP, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURJPY, USDCAD) as well as EURAUD, GBPAUD, as well as BTC and Gold and Silver.

Obviously, by analyzing the respective main pairs, you could derive trades for “derivative pairs”. So for example; if AUDUSD has DM shorties and is bullish while USDJPY has DM shorties and is bullish, sometimes you can trade AUDJPY to capture that etc.
      Most of the time, Djamal recommends to directly trade the input pairs however.

Gina
      SME FX

Hi Gina

thanks for this. Yes, honestly I was asking more out of curiosity than anything else – I expect the other pairs aren’t shown because there isn’t enough data from retail volume possibly due to low DM participation?

Also, I noticed today that GbpUsd had one of the strongest moves of the day. When you look at the Gbp pairs as a whole, they had signal on almost every Gbp pair. I wonder if this is also a good indicator of larger moves – where the same base currency is seeing the same DM positioning across different pairs.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Hi Taha,

GU moved up because of all the shorties (red bars).
      See attached.

SME FX

Taha Nasser
      Participant

Hi Taha,

GU moved up because of all the shorties (red bars).
      See attached.

SME FX

Very interesting! Thanks

Yes what I was pointing out was that there were shorties across multiple time frames and across multiple Gbp pairs, so I was thinking this is an even stronger signal than simply shorties on one Gbp pair.

This is just a theory but I’ve noticed it on several different days now in different pairs.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

“Yes what I was pointing out was that there were shorties across multiple time frames and across multiple Gbp pairs, so I was thinking this is an even stronger signal than simply shorties on one Gbp pair.”

That is correct indeed.

SME FX

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar
Verified by MonsterInsights