BTC “Correlation”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Hi Djamal. I have no bitcoin and i’m not very well versed on it, but it has been an especially prominent topic recently for multiple reasons. Anyway, in looking at the BTC charts, it seems to me that this instrument/currency does not seem to display the same “correlation” in so far as it doesn’t seem to react nearly as drastically to excessive “longies” as do the currencies. I was hoping you could share your thoughts on this. Do you agree? If so, what characteristics of this currency make it more “immune” to corrections in price when the charts seem to indicate that the ingredients are present to trade against the longs (as an example). Thanks for any thoughts.

FractalFreak
      Participant

Hi ImpliedOdds,

yes, the MK works a little differently in the crypto markets, as said before;
      first of all, as I had predicted some years ago,
      the market structure of the “younger” and smaller crypto markets will more and more resemble the bigger FX markets,
      not the other way around.
      That is why we already see MTS runs etc.

However, since most market participants are “long only”, BTC is currently highly sensitive to any red bars (even small ones) and less responsive to green bars.
      That makes quite sense of course.

I predict that at some point, BTC will resemble the MK of the metals, and then down the line will be pretty similar to FX, but this could easily take a few years.

I would not recommend to focus on the cryptos for short-term trading.

D

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar
Verified by MonsterInsights