Another Loser

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      ImpliedOdds
      Participant

In another loser. NZD w/ substantial long bars on all time frames and price continues to rise. Losing faith in how I can use this to be profitable…?

Tim Tim
      Participant

What price did you enter at? Long or short?

ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Hi Tim. 0.63567 on what looked like a pullback into the downtrend. Has risen 30+ pips since…

ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Short

Tim Tim
      Participant

What I think you should try do:

Look at the 4H range?

If price is at the bottom of the 4H range (blue lines on 4H chart) only look for longs.

If price is at the top of the 4H range only look for shorts

If price is in the middle of range only look for small directional scalps to stops

ie: use the higher timeframes for your trading bias and use lower timeframes for entry’s.

Note: also don’t ever trade a new system with your capital until you have 50+ demo trades on the system.

Thuy Pham
        Participant

What’s your W/L ratio using this system? Do you split trades into multiple entries like Djamal? I’m still figuring out the best way to use this system

Tim Tim
          Participant

I’m still testing out the system myself with demo account. Will need 50 or so trades to get a good sample size but taken 17 trades 78% w/L.

Thuy Pham
          Participant

Which setups are you taking? I’ve been doing mainly intraday stop run target setups

Tim Tim
          Participant

Some scalps and then couple swing trades using 4H range

Tim Tim
          Participant

I will post all the trades I do in the other channel I started “trade reviews” so you can look at them.

ImpliedOdds
          Participant

Thanks Tim. I will do the same. I’m going to try and stick with it and hopefully make it work. I wish Djamal could be more active in here and possibly comment on some of the trades we post. That would be a huge help. Not knowing what factors were in play that potentially led to a losing trade is difficult. Feel like i’m in the dark afterwards.

Tim Tim
          Participant

Stick them in that chat and just ask people to comment on it . The guy Christopher has given me some good feedback on trades for things to look out for.

ImpliedOdds
        Participant

I appreciate this Tim. Thank you.

ImpliedOdds
        Participant

Hi Tim. I really appreciate this suggestion. I’m just frustrated honestly. Been at trading a very long time and just not able to become profitable. I know I need to give this time and give myself a chance to learn.

Tim Tim
          Participant

I’m in the same boat been trading for couple years tried everything pretty much break even account. I’m just saying give it some time before getting annoyed on the system.

ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Hi Thuy. First and foremost, I want to preface this by saying that I think Djamal seems to be a very good person. Only an impression from videos, but that’s definitely my sense. This said, we’re all trying to achieve the same goal which is to effectively and consistently make money trading. What I’ve personally found is that it does not seem that the DM indicators consistently correlate with what price does and this doesn’t even take into account the DM switches that regularly occur. In addition, unless he’s seriously connected, it is widely known that forex volume data is only available to those institutions that make markets in forex and it’s unlikely he has such a connection, so i’m a bit suspicious to be honest. The concept is hugely attractive because what the MK web is promoting is just such a tool. Regrettably, any money I initially made i’ve lost and the inconsistency in the indicators is enough to scare me off. Last, if we were truly looking at a meter that correlated with market maker volume/flow, the use of upper/middle/lower lines as well as considering the price level compared to another level wouldn’t be necessary. That’s the whole idea: price simply follows volume and order flow. Simple as that. Large institutions simply aren’t using retail style indicators. Price and volume at those prices dictate all in my opinion and I just don’t think Djamal is lucky enough to have access to that data. Believe me…I wish he did.

Tim Tim
        Participant

How many trades have you made using MK? Think you need decent sample sizes before making conclusions.

ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Sorry. I missed the other part of your question. I have a small account that i’m trying to grow (like many others). As such, it doesn’t lend itself very well to scaling in. Generally i’m only entering one position.

Thuy Pham
      Participant

I was asking Tim those questions since he’s been using the system for a while now, but thanks for answering too. I’ve been following Djamal for a long time now, but only been using the MK web for a month. For me it doesn’t really matter where or how he came up with the MK indicators. All the hundreds of live trade videos are proof enough that it works for him. I will be using it for the next few months to see where it takes me

ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Bets of luck Thuy. I’m on discord. Would love to hear how you progress. please reach out

ImpliedOdds
      Participant

Hi all. I hope this is ok, but so we don’t have to scroll forever, i’m suggesting a trade thread where we title them “Trades – Week ending XX/XX/XXXX”. I think this will allow everyone to concentrate on the current thread for the week and share thoughts and ideas. I had one last week that Chris was nice enough to comment on and mark up, but looking back I think he thought the result screen shot was what I based the trade on. I’m going to post a trade thread for last week. Look forward to learning together and helping each other.

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Hello Implied Odds,

it seems that you got stuck somewhere,
      if you like, open a live trade discussion thread in the “commercial area” and we will ask Djamal to comment on where your analysis might have gone wrong?

It seems that you simply try to trade against DM flow only? That is not MK trading. Did you watch the latest session?:

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Djamal, can you please also comment on this trade?

Thank you!!

SME FX

Admin SME
      Keymaster

BTW, please always attach a current screenshot for such posts as it is then documented what you saw when you did your analysis, IO.

SME FX

Admin SME
      Keymaster

Here are the current H4 & day charts of NU.

SME FX

FractalFreak
      Participant

Okay,

shorting NZDUSD was not a crime, certainly not a “high bias trade” but tradable for advanced MK traders.
      In your case, your entry may have been a little early, however, if you gave the trade enough room to breath, it may have worked.
      Here the detailed analysis:

FractalFreak
      Participant

Here my comments:

FractalFreak
      Participant

However, at best, this is a “low bias day chart trade”.

Pros:
      – cheap entry on day chart, price came up over weeks
      – “V pattern” on day chart (left high has been cleared)
      – DC MA has been cleared
      – longies just above price
      – at least some longies (but LOW flow)
      – some MA targets below

Cons:
      – CARDINAL sin: trading into the wrong side of a squeeze (albeit squeeze is small)
      – collapsing green squeeze line
      – NO stops nearby (!)

Sumamry:
      As a beginner, you should not take the trade. An advanced MK trader may take the short trade on the day chart, but will ensure a good risk-reward, meaning that she will try to ride the trade to the dark blue MA for example.
      Own stop should have similar distance, i.e. above the longies nest + buffer.
      NOTE: In such a scenario, one has to EXIT as soon as some shorties enter the market, because these could put the market into a proper squeeze! If longies come in, ride, if shorties come, throw away trade. Needs to be monitored.

FractalFreak
      Participant

Here we go:

Admin SME
      Keymaster

NZDUSD day chart as Djamal predicted:

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar
Verified by MonsterInsights